Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pizza with Olives, Mushrooms, and Capers

I must say that I am becoming more and more comfortable in the kitchen. I'm starting to feel comfortable gauging which ingredients will complement each other. I'm also starting to cook (a little) without relying so much on my measuring spoons, which is nice because there are fewer dishes. Anyway, except for the dough, the measurements for this recipe are approximate. You can use more or less depending on how sassy you are feeling.

Ingredients:

1 package of Betty Crocker Pizza Crust mix
Contadina pizza sauce in the squeeze bottle
Olive oil (Pam works just as well)
1/4 c kalamata olives, sliced
8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 Tbsp capers
Mozzarella Cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Mix the pizza mix with 1/2c hot water. Knead dough just a little. Pour a little olive oil on the pizza pan and press out your pizza dough. Squeeze some pizza sauce onto the dough using the back of a spoon to spread it out. In a skillet, sauté the fresh mushrooms. Sprinkle the mushrooms, olives, and capers evenly across your pizza. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top of your pizza.
Bake pizza for 20 minutes.

I loved this pizza. Kalamata olives are a lot stronger than canned black olives. I think they are too strong to eat straight, but sliced on a pizza they are just right. The capers were a little tangy and the olives were almost sweet. I didn't provide a picture because a) I forgot the camera in the race to gorge myself on this pizza and b) we all know what a pizza looks like, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment