Saturday, March 26, 2011

Blueberry Drop Cake


The original name of this recipe was Blueberry Crunch, but one of my girlfriends calls this kind of dish a 'drop cake' because you drop the ingredients into the casserole dish. I kinda like that so I'm offically changing the name.

Ingredients:

3c blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2c sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1 large can crushed pineapple
1/2 box yellow cake mix
1/2c pecans, roughly chopped

Grease 9x13 with Pam. Cover the bottom of the pan with pineapple. Pour blueberries over the pineapple. Sprinkle sugar over blueberries. Add dry cake mix and butter. I add the cake mix a little at a time and drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix evenly. I original recipe calls for the whole box of cake mix. I use about half the cake mix and put the other half in a Ziploc bag to use later. Sprinkle chopped pecans over the cake mix. Bake at 350˚F for 45-50 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment