Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lemon Basil Pasta with Grilled Chicken


I've started an herb garden in my kitchen window. I'm learning that the herbs I use the most are basil and cilantro. This is one of my basil recipes. (Just a warning for my friends, growing an herb garden is kind of cool. When I start talking about raising my own heirloom chickens, it's time for an intervention.) Anyway, My kids love this recipe. You can use more or fewer lemons depending on how lemony you like it. We love lemons, but found that four lemons was a little too much. Of course, this recipe is best when fresh lemon and basil are used.

Ingredients:

4 Grilled Chicken Breasts, sliced
1 lb penne pasta, cooked
1/2 stick butter
2-3 lemons
3/4c heavy cream
1/4c half and half
1 1/2c parmesan cheese, grated
20 Basil Leaves, chopped

Cook pasta. When you drain the pasta water, reserve one cup. Set pasta aside. In the same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Squeese in the juice of 3 lemons. Whisk together. Pour in cream and half and half. Whisk until hot. Add the cheese and continue to whisk until melted. Salt and pepper to taste. Add a little pasta water as needed to loosen up the sauce if needed. Toss the pasta and sauce together in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle the pasta with fresh basil. Serve with chicken breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment