Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lime Chicken Tacos


Tacos get a little boring for me. So I'm always looking for a way to switch it up a little. I've been working on this recipe for awhile now. When I try a new recipe, I like to follow the instructions first...then make adjustments for my family's preferences. With this recipe I cut down on the chili powder. If you like your tacos to fight back a little, double the chili powder.

Ingredients:
4-5 chicken breasts
2 limes (about 3Tbsp lime juice)
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/4c honey
1c frozen corn
1c chunky salsa
12 flour tortillas
Cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatos, avacado, sour cream...whatever you like to dress your tacos with...

Put the chicken breasts in a crockpot. Combime the lime juice and chili powder and pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and allow to cool slightly. Shred the meat with two forks. Add the honey to the juice in your crockpot and stir. Return meat to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with toppings of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment