Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kebalsa Pie


I heard this recipe on the radio a few weeks ago. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but I wrote it down anyway because Roger loves Kielbasa. It sounded like it could either be really delicious...or really, really wrong. A couple of nights ago, I whipped this recipe together. It was really good. Roger liked it. The kids liked it. Even the little girl from next door who's a picky eater liked it. It's simple, it's hardy, and the sauerkraut gives it an unexpected tanginess that compliments the sausage.

Ingredients:

Sauerkraut, drained
Mashed Potatoes, portioned for 6
1 Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Drain a jar of sauerkraut and layer it in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Place the kielbasa sausage over the sauerkraut somewhat evenly spaced. Smooth the mashed potatoes over the sauerkraut and sausage. I used the kind out of the box. I was feeling lazy, but it doesn't really matter for this recipe. Cook pie for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and cook another 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment