Friday, November 11, 2011

Cheese Ball



I bought the corned beef for this recipe at the deli for no other reason than I was couldn't find it in the lunch meat section of the store I where I was shopping(Commissary on Buckley AFB). I ordered 4 oz of corned beef sliced for sandwiches. (I was doubling the recipe for Thanksgiving.) The lady behind the counter asked why I wanted my corned beef sliced that way so I told her about this recipe and how delicious it was. As she is repeating the recipe back to me (probably to make sure she has it right), I realize the guy standing behind me is also making a mental note of the ingredients. Boy, I love sharing recipes!

1 package cream cheese
1 bunch green onions, chopped really small
2 oz corned beef, sliced thinly as if for sandwiches, then roughly chopped

Combine these three ingredients. Form into a ball. Refrigerate overnight wrapped in plastic. Serve with crackers.

Cook's Note: See that cute plate? When I bought that plate I had no idea what to use it for, but it's the perfect size for a cheese ball and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment