Monday, October 29, 2012

Garlic Roasted Asparagus

 
I first used this recipe to make Penne with Roasted Asparagus.  The kids liked it so much (and asparagus is pretty cheap right now) that I've made it a few times as a side dish. Yummy!




Ingredients:
4 bundle of Asparagus
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
olive oil
sea salt
black pepper

Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).

Wash the asparagus. I usually buy four bundles of Asparagus for my family of four, but the bundles over here are small.  You can adjust accordingly.  Hold each stalk near the end and break off the "woody" part. It should snap off naturally. Spread the asparagus on a cookie sheet. I covered my cookie sheet in foil for easy clean up. Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus. Move the asparagus around a bit so it coats evenly.  Add the minced garlic and (again) move the asparagus around so it's evenly covered in garlic. Sprinkle with plenty of sea salt and pepper. Bake for about 7 minutes.  Serve immediately and watch that asparagus disappear!

No comments:

Post a Comment